Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mac or/& PC

Yesterday I made my transition from a PC to a Mac it was not what I had expected, I haven’t realized how little I actually know about a Mac and their operating system, I assumed that I would just transfer all my  media and files onto the Mac. It got hectic I couldn’t open office, every time I move the mouse to a corner “widgets” or “spaces” would activated, very beautiful graphics but I was still unsure was happening. I have always been one of those people that learn to adjust very easy,   when I switched from windows XP to windows Vista  it was very simple to me, XP looked like it got a facelift. On the other hand switching to the leopard O.S was like being with a new person just minor resemblance to windows interface. I own an iphone, after looking at Mac O.S I started to realize how uniform they fit together the iphone and Mac.  Now I have only had a little experience with my Macbook which is top of the line:(4GB RAM, 2.4GHZ duo, 250GB hard drive). So far I am impressed just perplexed with operating system. I plan on becoming an expert with all the controls and the entire Mac O.S. the reason I switching from Vista to Leopard is because of all the online feedback I hear about Mac and how they are so superior to PC. The most compelling clams are: “If you spend more time trying to get your computer to work and less time doing what you want, it’s time to get a Mac. Because Apple makes both the software and the hardware, everything works together, just as it should. That’s why people who get a Mac love a Mac. And why you will, too.” I assumed they are referring to Windows being unreliable, always having an issue and shutting down programs. Well this is partly true most PC users assume that is part of computing life (claim) that “sometimes” something will not work or shutdown. I believe what apple is claiming is that these pesky obstacles should not be part of our experience on computers.

 When you buy a PC, you’re buying hardware from one company and an operating system and software from other companies. Not so with a Mac. Because Apple builds both the computer and the software that comes with it, they’re literally made for each other. This means that a Mac rarely freezes or crashes. Occasionally an application might quit, but it won’t affect the rest of your system. And Mac OS X resists most viruses, so you can do anything — without worrying about losing everything.Is another claim  by apple that because apple builds both the hardware and software the product is extremely reliable, what I like about apple is they are quite casual in their claims they are saying that  a application/program “might quit but it will not affect the rest of your computer” meaning it’s not a 100% but more reliable then a PC. The final statement I hear is quite true that the Mac OS resist most viruses, apparently the drive behind this is that apples O.S is only used buy a minority of all computer users and a “hackers” when they release a virus is to affect as many people as possible, so apple are less likely to become affect which would be true for the time being.

I will be adding to this blog-tony

                                                            

3 comments:

Potato_Baron3 said...

meh my problem with mac is ONLY with my media. i have a lot of music and movies, and my home network is set up to allow me access to my media house-wide. The mac does not support my network, and I play games, so PC is my only (unfortunate) option. also, Funnily enough, I am one of 5 people without an ipod. however, I do respect what You've detailed

Unknown said...

You will get used to Mac with time and never look back.

Ian said...

This is an interesting advocacy project. It’s different from the usual arguments about the economy or public policies, and I think that makes for a unique perspective when looking at two products that have been in competition for a long period of time. I liked how you showed comparisons between your old computer and the new mac computer. It created a kind of personality to the writing and really allowed the reader to under your frustrations with your misconceptions concerning the “Superior Mac”. Personally, I have not had many fond memories of the Mac computer, but that is just me. I this is a unique project theme and I am interested to see how things come together.