Thursday, October 16, 2008

Global warming IS NOT REAL.. well it is but its source may change your mind..

I am usual not one of those people that believe in conspiracy theory, but after taking an physics class,(professor David Matzke of university of Michigan-dearborn) I was starting to question if global warming was man-made or it was a product of natural occurrences.


now I actually spent 80 minutes watching this video I was impressed by a lot of the ideas that were given for example, it states global warming is a process out of the control of human beings. Rather it is caused by “cosmic rays” the graph comparing cosmic rays and earth’s temperature is more relevant the idea of CO2 and earths temperature. I was surprised to learn that the earths stratosphere or atmosphere not sure which one carries the gas, gets the most CO2 from the oceans and volcanoes rather then the “human factors” of industry pollution. Car emission.
I believe that global warming is happening but I no longer believe that humans cause it. I do believe however that the steps needed to prevent man-made global warming should still be taken, such as creating our oil-independence and being more “green” it would be best for the human race to do so. Being efficient and energy conservative is still necessary to extend the use of fossil fuels and other natural resources that are do difficult to recycle. In terms of safety the United States needs to be energy independent, the Middle East which is a major provider of oil can longer be a “Stable” source of energy.
Yes you may think I am crazy for believing something that may seem so crazy to people that are diehard environmentalist, but we can not deny facts, just the same way I look at fundamentalist as being crazy for believing the world is only 5000 years old, and you may believe that the video was created by the oil industry but it was not, also oil companies I believe will welcome alternative fuel sources I am sure they want to supply us with what ever it maybe.
I would just like people to know that there is evidence of an alterative viewpoint from the overwhelming majority of the view “man-made global warming” I understand how difficult it is to picture something other then what we are bombarded with, I can see a parallel with religion, most people that grew up with religion find it difficult to view life without religion, even if overwhelming facts disprove religion from the age of the earth to the creation of the earth down to how old dinosaurs are and weather they lived with humans(there are overwhelming date proving this biblical belief). I am just hoping people view the video and began to question more the environment they live in, be more critical. I do not believe our survival as a human race can afford anymore “blind followers” I mean we do need some since people in numbers have more power, but even so they crowd of advocates of a specific issue should be informed of what they are advocating not having innocent children which may not fully understand what is going on.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I have actually been making a similar argument for a long time. I believe that humanity is effecting global warming, but I also believe that we are not the initial cause. If we look at history, we find that the world is constantly shifting between ice ages and hot periods. This is just a natural occurrence, but I believe that it is necessary to realize that we are not all powerful and that our effects on global warming through the production of green house gases are only agitating the problem, while events much larger than this are actually causing the overall problem. I am glad to see that someone else believes the same thing as me.

Colin LaVine said...

Lol well Tony we discussed this in class. I had professor Matzke for Intro to Astronomy during the summer. He gave us the same exact lecture. I agreed with many of his points. Until he went on a 45 minute tangent attacking Al Gore and his "liberal" friends. But it is always good to hear another scientific theory to global warming. Like the saying "there are always two sides to every story."

Unknown said...

Good job with this. I'm glad you are considering all aspects of the issue.